|Vitus brochure cover. Shows the Vitus 979 DURALINOX (aluminum) frames in round and lozenge as well as the Vitus PLUS CARBONE (carbon fiber) frameset. Also show forks and accessories.|
|"To choose the frame for you..." Frame diagram with major dimensions of various frame sizes. "...And his colour" Color swatches.|
|The Vitus 979 fork and accessories (seat posts, headset, and bottom bracket).
THE VITUS 979 DURALINOX FORK, its forme revolutionary, from the head design to the new dimensions in the ovalization of the fork blades (33 x 18) has yet unheard of mechanical qualities that are superior to all good quality forks known today. The new dimensions in the ovalization of the fork blades (33 x 18) give the fork a stream line in perfect harmony with the head tubes and thus eliminates the traditionally skimpy lines.
The thicknest... and the more responsiveness in the world
|Vitus 979 "Losange" Lozenge shaped tubing for improved aerodynamics.|
|Vitus 979 Duralinox in round tubing. Bottom of page: Why Bonding?
Jointing by adhesives is a technique widely used in aerospace and
aeronautics for the following reasons :
- it has no influence or effect on the properties of the alloys forming
the joint, contrary to jointing by welding or brazing,
- it affords an even distribution of stress.
- joints are sealed and protected,
- there is a degree of elasticity which reduces shock,
- mechanical properties are excellent,
- there is a high degree of resistance to corrosion and to ageing.
Bonded constructions give excellent results provided that:
- the surface to' be joined are scrupulously prepared before the
adhesive is applied,
- recommended procedure is carefully followed and time is allowed
- weight bearing suaces and jointing surfaces are adequate and so
designed that the amount of adhesive within the lugs can be
|Vitus Plus Carbone (carbon fiber)
The CARBONE FIBER composite give a tenseness and a responsiveness unequalled yet. Density : 1,4. Fiber elasticity modulus 100.000. Tensile strenght: 240 kg/mm2.
|Return to the Bicycle Info Project Index|